Thursday, November 02, 2006

Marriage vs. Civil Union?

Marriage vs. Civil Union?: "Do I believe in the sanctity of marriage? Yes. So much so that I do not believe in divorce under nearly every circumstance. I say this with some trepidation as many people very close to me have been forced into a situation where divorce seemed to be the only alternative to violence.

I am not trying to upset anyone who has been forced to make another decision. I am not trying to pass judgment on anyone. That is a useless and rather stupid activity as it can only limit, or end, valuable friendships and relationships.

My purpose is to try to more clearly define what I think marriage should be, and also describe what I think a “better way”, a more sensible approach to the whole arena of “marriage” and “civil union” should be.
"...(Click title link to see entire article.)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home